Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday, June 26
Still wasn't on the road as early as I wanted today. But it was a fine day for riding. I didn't see anything live, just road kill. Bummer. And a lizard that ran across the road in front of me.
I started in Page, Arizona, and went west to Kanab, Utah, on Highway 89. There was only a gentle wind from the bike cutting through the air. I love riding in Utah with the red rocks and all the formations. This highway is especially beautiful as it follows rivers with rock walls reaching to the skies. I followed it until it became 189, and then ended. I hopped onto the slab called 80 and headed east to Wyoming.
I stopped to take a photo of some pelicans, but couldn't get anything great. Bad luck on my part. I scared them when I stopped and the others then took off out of good camera range. There must have been a couple dozen of them.
It started to get a little late, so decided to stop in Evanston, Wyoming for the night. As I was getting my gear off the bike my cell phone rang. It was Harvey checking on me since the tracker hadn't marked me past Richfield. Yep, I'm A-okay, but it's nice to know people get concerned. I called Hobbs later when I got in the room and he'd tried calling, too, but didn't get me. Thank you, everyone.
I figure I'll get a good night's sleep and hit it hard tomorrow. Want to get to Bozeman, Montana, and have dinner with my friend before crashing at her place.
So, a short blog, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment