Thursday, February 19, 2015

Where to start ... San Francisco

Wednesday night / Thursday morning, Feb. 11 / 12, I arrived at the airport to start the first leg of this journey that will take my friend, Jaz, and me, to many places.

I was exhausted … the travel preparations, like preparations for some medical procedures (I won’t name them), was far more tiring and time-consuming than the travel itself.  There was the passport (glad I had it), a visa for Argentina, a packing list I made up (including some things from one from a friend, Shannon – thank you), packing itself (one suitcase and a smaller carryon with my computer and camera gear), laundry, pet food, pet meds, payments ahead on credit cards, travel arrangements to multiple countries (we were going earlier to spend time in a few other places), excursions.  Okay, just like being tired of the preparation, I’m tired of trying to name them all.  Haha!!!

Anyway, the time had come and I was off to San Francisco to meet up with Jaz to go on our next incredible adventure.

 It has seemed a dream, as we started planning this more than a year ago.  But now that it’s here, it’s starting to sink in; however, I won’t get too excited yet.

The flight to San Francisco was non-eventful and, in fact, I slept for part of it.  I was too tired to do anything else, but sleeping on an airplane really isn’t good sleep, or restful sleep.  I’m sure you get that.

An Egyptian exhibit at the airport was pretty cool, but I wasted no time.

I just shot a couple of photos with my phone as I walked by.  The beaded handbags were exquisite.

I arrived and Jaz picked me up and off we went to her mom’s.  Her mother is always very gracious and accepts me as another daughter from a different mother (and father, too).  We always enjoy a visit and spending some time together. 

This time was a little different.  I was so tired I had to take a nap after a bit of visiting.  Two-and-a-half hours later I was up and moving, but feeling rather like a zombie with a headache.  We visited a bit more and I was back in bed in just a few hours. 

A good lunch is always in order.  Perfect.

By Friday morning (Feb. 13), with a lot of sleep and a cup of Kaladi coffee under my belt, Jaz and I were off … to the San Francisco airport to pick up a rental car and do some carousing.  We rode public transportation that is always an adventure in itself, and got our car, a red Chrysler.

And off we went to catch a train.
 
The Internet here on Easter Island is exceptionally slow.  Only doing a little at a time. 

Teaser alert.  Easter Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment