Monday, August 1, 2011



Saturday, July 30
I picked up Susan, Dennis's sister from the airport early this a.m. She and I hit it off. Got her home, and situated and then back to our house to get a few hours sleep.

Up and at 'em early as a friend was coming through the airport and we were going to go visit him for a while. I still had about $14 left on that Starbucks card and was ready to finish it off.

We got out to the airport a little after 7 a.m. and found Ken. He and his wife now live in Arizona, but had lived here for many years, in fact in Soldotna where they acquainted us with Acapulco's Mexican Restaurant where I had my first and always the best chicken chipolte.

They kept a home in Soldotna for several years, but have now moved to Arizona lock, stock and dog. Visited her, Judi, on my trip this year and went to their Arizona home for the first time. She's done a beautiful job of decorating, and it looks like something out of a magazine.
Hobbs and I had a great visit with Ken, except I couldn't find the Starbucks card. We had coffee from some other place, and then I found the card, of course.

Left the airport and headed to the Corral for breakfast. I love their chipped beef on a biscuit. My Mom used to make that stuff when I was a kid. Loved it then; love it now. Filled up our growling tummies and then headed home. We had to get ready to go to a barbecue for a 60th birthday party for a dear friend. I was giving her one of the Joe Redington books because she was in the Ladies of Harley photo from the 90s that is included.

Went to meet Susan and show her how to get to Fred Meyers on Dimond, near Dennis's house, and then to the hospital. We spent time drinking coffee and getting even more acquainted. Then I had to run to get home in time to go eat again. Good grief. Too much food.

Had a super time visiting with friends at the Princess' 60th birthday barbecue. Great food, great friends. What more could you ask for????

Actually, what you always want for a blog is a topic. And sitting there enjoying the food, sun and camaderie, there it was, right across the street. The balcony to nowhere.


The balcony to nowhere.  And your thoughts on this would be???
Alaska seems to have a lot of things to nowhere ... the bridge to nowhere, the road to nowhere, and now the balcony to nowhere. It's just attached to the side of the house. No door or sliding windows, just a balcony. And it stands out because it's a different color than the house. It started some great conversation ... why is it there? Why is there no way to get to it? How do you change the flag that's hanging from it? We made up all kinds of things, most of which are not really publishable. Let's just say you can make your own comments and story about it. I'm only giving you the fodder to be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment