Thursday, July 31, 2014

Visiting good friends is always in style


We spent Saturday morning in a leisurely fashion … drinking coffee, talking, and trying out some Zumba CD’s Slider had bought.  We also replaced her furnace/air conditioning filter up in the attic area and were a bit dewy. 
I'd been up in that attic and couldn't find where to replace the filter.  Slider could and did. 
We worked so hard we needed a reward so we had to get showered and hit the road.  It was time for some shopping therapy.  I had a couple of places I wanted to go …
I must have tried on 50 pairs of shoes to find a pair of sandals that felt good.  My poor feet suffer and it's hard to find something that feels good.  Usually they aren't the best looking, but these are Clark brand and look and feel good.  You'll see.  Maybe.  I'm not sure if I'll bring them home or make them my Lower 48 sandals.
DSW for a new pair of sandals, a couple of other places since I needed a family reunion outfit and, most importantly, the Dirt Store.  Don’t be fooled.  The Dirt Store is only what we call it.  It’s a nursery (Ron’s Organics … her husband) with a boutique inside, called The Brown Eyed Girl.  I love this place and the lady who owns and runs it, Mona.  She has unique items and I never tire of looking, purchasing a few items and talking with her.  Mission accomplished. 
There's so much to look at at the Dirt Store ... beautiful, unique and things I never see at home.  Of course, I don't do much shopping at home for these types of things.  It's much more fun to come down here to either Texas or Arizona or anywhere to shop.  The Lower 48 is where I do that ... different things ... and a present or two for others is always in good form.
We’d had lunch at a Souper! Salad! But what was missing was … wait for it … frozen yogurt.  I located a place online called Sweet Frog, and we found it.  Oh yes, delicious.  It was quite good.  They had cake batter frozen yogurt but no fresh raspberries.  I’m pleased to announce that our frozen yogurt place, the Yogurt Lounge in Anchorage, is the best I’ve had … although there may be a few others to try.  Home grown is my favorite.  I think I’m becoming quite a connoisseur.
Cake batter frozen yogurt ... how can I resist?  I can't.
Slider and I got up Sunday morning, but it was just a nice day to relax, do laundry and talk.  We don’t often talk on the phone so this has to make up for a year’s worth of chatting.  But in chatting we think maybe the long sleeves are making my sunburn worse.  She gave me a pair of socks and I cut the feet out of them.  I’ll use them for my arms and put sunscreen under and maybe that will help.  Armlets … the protection I hope will work.
Armlets ... hoping this works to keep my arms from blistering up each day.  Blister and peel is not my idea of a good time.
We eventually decided we needed to try a catfish place she likes, the Catfish Cove.  It was quite good, and a lot of food.  But I was still daydreaming about the brisket I’d had on Friday.

All too soon it was time for me to get back on the road … Monday, time to head for Minnesota. 

No comments:

Post a Comment