Friday, August 3, 2012


July 25, Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Jgayle's I go ...

The next day I stopped at the Monroe Harley shop. Monroe is where the Women on Wheels Ride In will be in 2014, if anyone's interested in going. Start thinking of it now. There aren't a lot of details but it's always around the 10th or so of July, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I was running the slab at this point since now time was not my friend and I no longer had the option to stop and look at everything. It was just ride, gas, visit the restroom, and ride some more.

Jgayle and I had a plan. We'd meet at a Burger King parking lot off this one exit on I-20 about 1 p.m. She was watching Spot, the tracker, to see how I was progressing. I came off the exit, and then at the stop sign, she suddenly appeared at the overpass, same intersection, same time. It's our karma. My one friend, Jaz, says we're mostly pure of heart. That must be true because so much works out just exactly right.

JGayle and me at the Bull Pen ... steak, in the pasture behind the place, and on the plate.  When in Texas ya just gotta eat steak.  JGayle also has a new bike, a Switchback, and she LOVES it.
We stopped to give hugs and hellos, then we were off to have a bite to eat. I was certainly starving … roads, food, you got it.

And, of course, there's always time for a stop at a Harley shop, Dallas shop this time. And there I met Sandi who helped me buy a shirt … Number ??? Who knows. I also purchased a new hydration vest with her assistance. The one I had was no longer useful and not helping cool my core at all. They're only good for so many uses, and I'd long ago exceeded that since the vest was purchased several years ago. Sandi was vivacious, helpful and exceptionally nice. I was immediately drawn to her.

Aaron, Sandi and me at Dallas HD.  Great shop and I enjoyed my visit with everyone there.
Aaron was another super-great Dallas HD employee. He answered some questions I had about putting a tourpack on my cop bike. He, too, was exceedingly pleasant and helpful. He also had a great ponytail and the deepest, southernest, soothingest Texas drawl … yep, nice and good looking. But alas, already taken, ladies.

Everyone I talked to at Dallas HD was nice and helpful. It was a great shop to visit.

Jgayle always makes sure I have some new bling.  New star and bling earrings to remind me of her and Texas, and a blingy cuff so I look girly. 
Then back to JGayle's place to visit for hours before going to bed. I wouldn't have much time but we sure did make the best use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment