Friday, July 3, 2015

America the beautiful

Not exactly our flag, but I liked it.  And it's stars and stripes.  May she fly forever as the symbol of freedom.
Today is Independence Day.  While for many it’s all about barbecues, maybe some fishing or boating, motorcycle riding or whatever other hobby you have, it’s also a day to remember our country, when we commemorate the adoption of the Declaration of Independence.  July 4, 1776.  The day 13 American colonies declared themselves a new nation, and no longer a part of the British Empire.

I’ve spent many a day traveling across our beautiful nation, from coast-to-coast, and border-to-border.  I’ve seen things I never expected to see, mostly because of Biker Bill, most of it from the saddle of a motorcycle and a lot of it with him.  Some I’ve seen with other friends and some on my own.

The Grand Canyon comes to mind, Old Faithful at Yellowstone National Park, the Florida Keys, Niagara Falls, Carlsbad Caverns, the Mississippi River, the Rockies.  There is so much. 

Our country is beautiful, it’s grand, and I’m glad to live in the United States of America.  I do not think there is any place on earth finer.  Happy Birthday, USA.  May you have many hundreds more

No comments:

Post a Comment