Sunday, July 12, 2015

Wisconsin State HOG Rally 2015

On Friday, July 10, Jaz, Smudge (Trudy), Nathaniel (Rabbit Ears) and I left Oconomowoc headed for the Wisconsin State HOG Rally in Janesville, Wisconsin.  We took back roads and county roads, enjoying the views … barn quilts (those 4x4 painted boards put on the end of the barns with quilt designs), horses, cows, and the smell of mown grass and beautiful pastures.

Smudge had told us about the rally, as I’m not one to look for them.  This one appealed because there was going to be a chocolate run.  Jaz and I were in, once the word chocolate was mentioned.

We arrived at Kutter Harley-Davidson, the location of the rally.  The grounds were huge, with lots of vendors, a huge building where there were signups for rides, registration.  It was all here, and we hurriedly registered and headed over to get signed up for the “Sweet Ride.”

Another ride was leaving, then it was our turn to get lined up.  Our ride leader was Loreen, on a purple bike, all decked out with glitz and crystals.  She was wearing an easy-to-see lime green visibility vest.  I was lined up at about the Number Five spot behind her.  Jaz was back a couple of bikes.  Trudy was further back in the line.  And we ready to go.  Off we rode, heading to a golf course for lunch. 
Rabbit Ears ate too many chicken strips.  The golf course here was beautiful with well-manicured lawns.  Too bad I don't play golf.  I'd rather ride
Our leader was great.  She was going to make us eat lunch before we got dessert, or chocolate, or any of those junk-food types of things that we all love to eat.  Lunch was good, and we went out to the parking lot to line up.  I hadn’t been thrilled with my Number Five spot.  Jaz wasn’t with hers either.  We were going to jockey for position.

Loreen led off out of the parking lot and Jaz and I were hot on her trail, and now in the Numbers Two and Three spots.  We’d done it.  We were in where we wanted to be.  As we rode on, I looked behind.  Some trailed with room for multiple cars to get in between us and them.  Out of the pack came a trike, a streak of blue lightning.  I came to know her, Patty Petunia.  She had not been excited about her place either with the gaps, so she sped up and around and came in behind Jaz and me.  Loreen and the three of us rode as one, as if we’d been riding together for some time.  All was well in our riding world.  Behind us, we no longer cared how many gaps they had; we were in our positions, and riding well.
Our next stop had some pretty nice buildings, but I sure couldn't tell you what little town we were in; it may have been Beloit???  It doesn't matter, unless I want to go back.
Our next stop was at Chocolate Temptation Espresso & Chocolate Bar.  Oh my!!!  There was every kind of coffee, flavored and plain, and chocolate you could possibly imagine.  I had a salted caramel chocolate.  It was wonderful and I could have eaten a dozen of them.  I chose not to.  My favorite were the toads.  Light toads, dark toads, green toads.  How cute they were.
I taught you was a toad!!!  They are.
As we were readying ourselves to leave, a group of Red Hat ladies came in.  They looked mahvelous with their red and purple outfits, their red hats. 
A more beautiful and friendly group I've never met.
They were quite special and I photographed a couple that seemed to have particularly beautiful souls.  It shows in the eyes.
This lady just  glowed and I so enjoyed her spirit.

I was particularly taken with this lady.  Her soul shown through her eyes, and to me she was beautiful inside and out.  I fell in love with her and don't even know her name  I wished I could have spoken with her, and the other lovely ladies, for a while longer, or joined them for a cup of coffee.  But our time here had run out.
Our ride continued, down back roads, through pasture land – the same type of roads we’d used to get to Janesville.  But it’s such beautiful country, and it was great to have a ride that didn’t go speeding from one location to the next in a hurry to get there.  It was leisurely, and fun.

The next stop covered two places.  One had home-made ice cream; the other was popcorn of every flavor.  The ice cream we’ve had in Wisconsin is truly evil … you can look at it and gain weight.  You want to rub it all over yourself, take a bath in it, inject it into your veins.  It’s that good.  I settled for a double scoop of butter pecan and something else that I can’t remember the name of.  That’s probably because I ate it so fast I had a brain freeze.  All I can say is it was wonderful.

Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got ice cream in my tummy.
From the ice cream shop we walked down to the Flying Pig, where there was decadent homemade popcorn and fudge.  There was butter pecan, buffalo wing, green apple … the flavors just went on and on.  I bought a couple of flavors to taste later.  I was too full from gourmet ice cream.

Ya gotta love a place called the Flying Pig.

Popcorn overload.
The ride took us back to the shop, but we cut off and went to the hotel, basically across the street, to get registered.  And then we were in for the night.  Although I did stop by the hospitality room for the Northwest Chapter.  I asked if I was northwest enough to join them since I was from Alaska.  Come on in, they said.  I took my popcorn to share.
I'd seen this sign and thought it great wisdom.
As I was standing around chatting with some of the Northwest folks, I heard my name called, and who did I see but Taren from the Motor Company.  She had come to Alaska to ride down to Milwaukee for the 110th so I’d gotten to meet her.  It was great to see her and spend a bit of time talking to her.  Then, it truly was time to get to the room and to bed.  I was tired.  Why???  Sleeping needed, I guess.  Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment