Wednesday, February 8, 2012




Bombay Beach Run, Feb. 8, 2012

Jaz and I left the hotel in Barstow around 9 a.m. We were heading to the Harley shop in Victorville as I wanted an oil change and my electrics weren't working. We couldn't get the seat off the bike to check the fuse. We desperately needed professional help.

Victor Valley HD was great. They washed Jaz's bike for no charge, and fixed my fuse, changed my oil and took care of the warranty recall. Very nice folks, and nice shop. Got my shirt and a poker chip for my friend, the Instigator.
This is Skull Rock although it's a little difficult
to see the left eye of the skull.

Off we went heading to the Joshua Tree National Park. My park fees are free, since I turned 62 and got a senior pass. Something to remember, folks. Cost $10 and you get in for the rest of your life. Could be a good deal if you live a long time.
Joshua Tree.  Quite prickly looking.

The park is beautiful. We got started late and plan to go back tomorrow. Moteling it in Joshua Tree, the town. In the park we hiked one of the trails and took a few shots.

There's a rock called Skull Rock, a place called Jumbo Rocks and just lots of pretty scenery and trees. We'll spend more time tomorrow and then look out Salton Sea, here we come.



The sun shone just right on the path through the rocks.  We walked the
trail .7 miles.  We walked back on the road since darkness was
getting close and we needed to get back on the road.

Just me in with the rock formation.










See the face in the rock?




 

We stopped for a few minutes just as the sun was going down on
our way out of the park.
Tired today for some reason. So this won't be long. I think the tracker is working so you can follow along and see where we are.

To bed, although only just after 8 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment