Wednesday, February 22, 2012



Start your engines and head to NASCAR, Feb. 22, 2012

A quiet day for us. We got up late since it was a long day yesterday. I worked on my blog, and then Sue spotted dolphins swimming across the river. I raced out with the 400 lens, but they were too far away to get anything worthwhile. So I bagged that. I'm hoping we'll get some on our side of the river so I can take a photo or two.

Joe continued working on the smoker James wanted, and James and Elaine had a meeting to go to. Verlie, Jeff, Sue and I went to a fruit stand and tried honey tangerines. Wow, they were good so we bought three bags. (It was a better deal and we knew we'd eat lots of them.) From there it was over to Destination Harley Davidson. I've never met a Harley shop I didn't want to visit, and I'd not been to this one before.

Elvis and motorcycle statue in front of Destination Harley shop.
A quick lunch at a Cracker Barrel, and where I bought a cup to keep at James and Elaine's so they'd know I'm coming back. It's black and white with a boy chicken on one side, and a girl chicken on the other. Then another stop at Publix to get stuff for dinner and home we went. It was a short day, a restful one, and a good thing since we have races tomorrow, the swap meet or flea market on Friday, and more races in the next few days.

At home we unloaded stuff from the car and by this time it had started pouring, the kind that soaks you within seconds, and we'd even seen some lightning. A good night to stay in for dinner and to stay in and rest up for the next few hectic days.


No comments:

Post a Comment