Thursday, March 1, 2012


Start your engines and head to NASCAR, Feb. 28, 2012

Joe and Verlie had gone to Orlando Monday night after the race as they were heading home today. So just us chickens, James, Elaine, Jeff, Sue and me left.

Rest, relaxation and a little shopping. Oh yeah, and a Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. Lazy day.

Start your engines and head to NASCAR, Feb. 29, 2012

Time to start heading home. I've had such a great time, but it now must come to an end. And there are always lots more good times coming.

What was left of the crowd took me to the Daytona airport, Jeff, Sue and Elaine. I wasn't sure if I'd get out, but needed to start working it. I got out of Daytona, and even out of Atlanta. I'd met a young lady who was also trying to get home to Anchorage. Her husband is with the Anchorage Police Department so we'd struck up an airport passenger friendship. When we got to Minneapolis we hit a brick wall. There was only one flight out to Anchorage and it was already gone. The flight on Thursday didn't look good either, but there were two flights on Friday and Saturday that looked okay.

Need to stop and smell the flowers, and just relax.  But believe me, these flowers aren't in Minneapolis.  It looks kind of like home, with snow and mush everywhere, and gray outside.  Feeling right at home.
We talked about it and she decided to try to get to Seattle and buy a regular ticket on Alaska Airlines and fly home. So I decided to get a hotel and try again tomorrow. Besides, the Mall of America is here and not far from the airport. How much of a hardship can it be to have to go there to entertain myself?

When I phoned home, Hobbs said I should just go to Phoenix and do the NASCAR races there and then come home. Fur Rondy and Iditarod was really filling up the flights so it was going to be difficult. Good idea. But when I thought about it, I didn't have enough blood pressure meds with me. I only have two days left and some in my luggage, that is somewhere. Don't know if I have any at home, so decided the best option for me would be to just try to get home.

I know I've missed my obligations, a pig party at the shop Thursday night, bummer, and a tour of the Southcentral Power Project at Chugach that I really wanted to go on. Maybe they'll let me go at another time.

So, in for the night. Tomorrow's another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment