Sunday, March 4, 2012

 
Start your engines and head to NASCAR, March 2, 2012

Rerun of most everything from yesterday except I bought mascara yesterday so I will have eyes and feel like I can be seen in public.

I got to the mall early, about 9:30 a.m. I didn't know exactly what time the movies started, so went up to see the schedule and what movie I wanted to watch. They have these movies where you sit in seats that move, motion movies, or something. There was a demo so I tried it. Didn't like that at all.
No explanation necessary.
While I was looking around I noticed something about a Princess Diana exhibit, so I went to check it out. It was great. The exhibit is visiting from England (returns there in June) and has lots about her, her childhood and so much stuff. There are some of the dresses she wore and so much memorabilia, including many photos that her father took.

Always a princess.

At the Erskine Hospital, Bishopton (celebration).
There is a section of her humanitarian work, her schooling and short movies on her childhood which was interesting as she seemed like just a happy kid who grew up like many of us, except in a much richer surrounding.

Diana wanted to be a ballerina, but grew too tall (photo from Diana: a celebration).
The beauty who married an ass (celebration).
There is a lot about her wedding to the pompous ass Charles, who even took her to the horsefaced cow's home when she was married to her other husband. What kind of guy takes his date, and future bride to the home of his mistress? The ass and the cow deserve each other. What Diana got from her marriage was two boys, and I'm sure she thought all her misery was worth it.

Princess Diana deserved better than she got at the hands of some of the royal family … and I hope she had lots of happiness before she died. There was a short movie on her funeral and the reading her brother made. It was a sad day, and I remember it well. I was on a motorcycle vacation with friends and didn't believe them when they told me she had been in a car accident and died. I shed tears for the Princess as did so many others who did not know her personally but felt a tie to her somehow.

From there I went to see The Journey 2, the Mysterious Island, with Dwayne, the Rock, Johnson. It was a good show, and I was wishing I'd checked to see if it was in 3D. It would be a great movie in 3D.

The airport was the next, and hopefully, last stop for the night. I'm getting pretty good at getting the bus from the mall to the airport. Like I know what I'm doing.

This time going through security I had to remove any gels from my bag and put them in Ziplocs. First time … toothpaste, makeup, sunscreen. Don't know why it happened today.

So I'm at the airport now, trying to get on a flight. The first one was full, but there's another one in a few more hours. I'll try again. If not, back to the Super 8 for the night.

The end of the NASCAR,run, March 3, 2012

I made it home. The later flight was the one, and I was so happy to get on. Of course, there was a youngster that pretty much screamed the entire way. I'm sure his or her ears were hurting, but it was a hard trip for nearly six hours. I had some earplugs in my purse, but even those only cut the screams by a little. When the child would quit I'd try to go to sleep and think I got a little shut eye which is the only thing that helped.

I got in around 1 a.m., an went to sleep for a few hours, all snuggled in with the Beagles. It was good to be home.

At 9 a.m.I headed downtown for the Ladies of Harley breakfast at a new place called the Greatland Grill, at 137 West 5th Avenue, between A/B and C. A couple of our HOG members are involved with it, and the food was really good and plentiful, which is always a plus with HOG people. Yummy.

After that an officer meeting then home to get ready for the Running of the Reindeer, which is a Fur Rondy event that's gone on for a few years. This year some of us HOGs decided to do it, so we dressed up in pink, and had pig visors, ears or masks. We'd made tails out of large pipe cleaner material we'd painted pink and pinned them on.

Look at the poor crippled pig ... tail must have gotten caught in a car door.
The HOGs were part of the group/couples herds and off we went down Fourth Avenue, trotting, running, walking. They give the people a headstart, and then you hear over the PA system, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. And the reindeer are turned loose. They charge down the street, which has pretty much ankle-deep snow, so it's not easy to run or walk in. And here they come, running, running, running, to get to the end of the run, which certainly seemed like about 12 blocks. In actuality, it was three blocks, but they were VERY long blocks. It was so much fun, with people dressed up in lots of different costumes, laughing and hollering. We were carrying on too, “weeeeee, weeeeee, wee, wee, weeeeeeee, and I kept saying, “Eat reindeer, 10,000 pigs can't be wrong.” It was a blast. We had lots of photos taken, so who knows where we will show up.
Here piggy, piggy, piggy.
Then it was some late lunch and home for me. I picked up a bug, a cold I guess, and decided rest was in store for me for a few days. All in all, it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment