Saturday, June 12, 2010











Headed over to the rally site this a.m. to sweep a ride leaving at 8-ish. On the way, ran into some caribou ... I've never seen these, although there are signs posted, so had to take a few photos.

There were only a few of us for the ride to Homer, but met a guy, Bo, from Wyoming so we talked about his state some, and places we've ridden in common. He's got the summer off ... S W E E T!!!

Stopped a few places on the way down to take some photos. That was pretty nice, too. We also took the old Sterling Highway from Anchor Point ... nice curves, and away from the highway. It was different, so we really enjoyed that. Beautiful day ... back to Soldotna ... turned a bit windy and cloudy, but it's been a great time ... it always is when you're riding with old friends or new.
In fact, as we were leaving from gassing up in Homer, Bo said that there are a lot of people who envy me ... ??? Female, riding a big old Harley-Davidson and riding all over, living one of the American dreams. I guess that's true ... thank you, Biker Bill, for making it all possible. I also imagine there are many of us who are envied for riding as we do, whether it be a few miles or many. Each mile is an adventure ... to be filed away in our memories, brought out to share with friends, to keep forever.
I'm not sure how to separate photos. Maybe it's a learning curve ... must post new each time? I'll try that. I don't know. I'll figure it out.
















3 comments:

  1. Great journal, but want to know who is author of each entry.... that is essential. Mention of people who ride along, but who is writing each entry?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the author, and I mention people I'm riding with by first name or roadname only. Is that what you mean?

    Yep, my photo.

    Peppermint

    ReplyDelete