Thursday, June 10, 2010


Practicing retirement today. I didn't get up until nearly 7 a.m. That happened because I was up until midnight ... playing with this, experimenting with changing the look, posting and looking at FB since I'd not really been on there for some time. My cafe is closed, my farm is not producing, I've only got a couple of sucker fish in my fish tanks to keep the algae at bay, and I've left my island ... at least until fall after riding season.


But I did not get up this a.m. to the sound of my alarm as usual although it had been set. Oh no. It was a phone call ... from Hobbs. He'd snuck out with my bike, the most beautiful Miss Scarlet O'Harley and had been running around on her ... out by the airport, out to breakfast. Guess I'm going to have to pull the keys and set the alarm so I know about it. I knew there was a reason I got that fancy, dancy alarm system.


Today, head to the Peninsula. High clouds, so maybe no rain. Would be nice. I love HOG rally time. This one promises to be a great one ... new location, new people. Variety is nice and it's always great to see people you've not seen in a while, to hoist a soda with them, or maybe share a hot dog or bowl of chili or something. Looking forward to this ... four days off. I've not worked a full week for a few weeks, and liking that a lot. I could get used to this ... and this morning? retirement practicing? seems maybe not so bad.


I'm going to be posting more photos ... good practice for me as I get ready to head out on the 22nd to Vermont. Downloading photos from the camera, putting them online so folks can see them. No rest here for the computer-illiterate.


More later ... take care my friends, and those of you riding ... be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment