Saturday, June 19, 2010

Look out KPHD here we come. Rebecca, Julie, Tom and I rode to Kenai Peninsula HD as I needed to get my hardbags back after the paint repairs. They were also putting the powdercoated racks and lights on them, and were going to lower my handlebars. Yes. Feel much better. And I ended up with the Road King bags, too. An excellent price on them.

Rode down with just a little sprinkle here and there. I saw a moose on the way to the Potter Marsh train, a little bull, with pretty horns in velvet. He crossed Minnesota in front of me, but not too close. Always a pleasure to see them when there's plenty of room.

Met up at the train and headed south. Saw two sheep right next to the road and some eagles, always nice ... makes my day.

Spent a little time at the shop and then went to get a bite to eat. KPHD let me pick a bike to use ... I chose the Road King police bike. Just got a thing about cop bikes. White, and my feet were flat on the ground. Someone must have lowered it. Liked it ... 28k. Too bad ... don't need another RK police bike. Sure enjoyed my little ride on it although we hit rain going to Kenai to eat. Tried to wait it out, but that didn't happen. Mother Nature is way more patient that we are. So back to the shop.

And now for a little commercial. If you are looking for some help, KPHD is awesome. Although, Kym and Lisa are VERY bad girls ... they'll help you into shirts, pants, whatever you don't even need. We all came away with something, even a hat for Tom. They're nice, they're pleasant, they're fun, and they sure know how to sell. And lest I leave out someone, everyone at KPHD is super ... I feel like I'm home when I'm there ... they're like family, and they're always glad to see us. Okay. Enough mush about a Harley shop!!

Headed home then after gassing up. Saw more eagles, and then in Cooper Landing, coming up on the bridge, there was something that didn't belong. We slowed down. It was two horses with people on them riding across the bridge. We slowed way, way down, and stayed back. Did not want them to spook and have someone or the horses get hurt on the side of the bridge, or even go over. The 18-wheeler coming from the other direction also slowed way, way down. Good job, everyone. The horses and riders got to the other side to a parking lot. As we went by, the guy on the lead horse gave us the thumb's up. It was a great experience, something different.

Rained pretty much most of the way home, but never too hard. Stopped a couple of times for a few minutes, to clear glasses, change gloves, have a drink, whatever anyone needed to do. It was still a great day ... now I just need to pack. Tomorrow, tomorrow ... I'll pack tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment