Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Last night rode with the Black Sheep, meeting at City Church. It was nice. I haven't gone to the bike blessing for a few years, but have had Jon and Glenda bless my bike ... and they're always so nice to do that. On Sheep rides, there is a prayer before the ride and before having dinner. While I may not go to church, I do believe in God, and so it's kind of nice ... we rode to Girdwood for dinner. Excellent ride, although a bit windy. We had one of the Women on Wheels ladies with us, Maya. She has long hair of all colors. I envy it cuz it's fun hair. Maybe when I retire I will do that, too.

I have a bucket list of things to do when I retire. I think today that I will add putting fun colors in my hair.

On Tuesday afternoon I also attended a visitation for a dear work friend's sister. Shawn, my co-worker, is from a very close family, and the loss of one of theirs is devastating. I wanted him to know how much I care, and want to support him and his family in this time of their loss. I also met his mother and father. Spoke for quite a while with his dad ... what a lovely gentleman he is. And his mother is so gracious. I grieve for his family while believing that his sister has been relieved from her suffering. Thoughts to you, my friend.

Today is the last day of work ... tomorrow friends and I head to the HOG rally in Soldotna. I will ride down a little early in an effort to get my m/c handlebars adjusted and to get my hardbags back for the bike. There was a paint scratch that I'm having repaired, that went across all three colors ... red, gold and black. Really irritated me to put it mildly. But it will be finished. I also purchased saddlebags racks, had them powdercoated black and those will be in place, too, when I get there.

YAY!!! Another four-day weekend. I'm enjoying these short weeks, as I practice a little for retiring in early-2011. But I am checking into maybe working part time for a few months after I retire next year, to help Chugach get through its next annual meeting and election time as I pass my knowledge and the reins to another. Think I'm finally starting to believe I'm ready to do it.

This is kind of like having a diary, except it's not secret; anyone can read it. Now I just need to get proficient in how to add photos, design and fix color schemes.

Enough for now. Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Patti.....This is awesome! One of these days I'll have to create a blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoh Patti - Anne and I are leaving about 230 or 3 so if you take too many breaks we will catch up to you. See you at the Rally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that when water falls a tree will grow.

    ReplyDelete