Friday, June 18, 2010

It was a sad day.  I attended a funeral service for the grandbaby of a co-worker ... so sad.  Stillborn ... a beautiful service ... Our Lady of Guadalupe ... never been there.  My thoughts are with Connie and her family.  I cannot begin to understand what the families are going through, but I truly sympathize with their anguish.

My three closest co-workers were out of the office today, leave, conference ... Phil, Carol and Sarah.  Sarah stopped by with her grandbaby, who was a bit grumpy since she'd just awakened.  Much better by the time she left ... even a little smile.

Getting ready for a long trip is truly exhausting.  I've been trying to find these Smartwool socks ... can't  seem to find the right ones in town.  Bought a pair in Seward.  Guess I have to go back there to get another pair.  Buying dogfood, dog vitamins so Hobbs doesn't have to buy any while I'm gone, getting $$$ transferred to take care of house payments, the list doesn't end.  For every one thing I get done, there are two more to do.  But when it comes down to riding out of here Tuesday, none of the rest of it will matter.  I'll be on my way ...

I'm starting to get excited, putting things aside that I want to take, including bottles of bubbles with frogs on them.  The Women on Wheels use a frog as a mascot and frogs (not live ones ... no animals are harmed in these antics) are left on people's bikes to show you like the person or their bike, or both.  It's secret so you don't know who left them.  It's fun as you get a bunch of little frogs (always little so people can pack them on their bikes) and never know who they are from.  Adds a little something fun and special to the whole Ride In.

The link for the Spot tracker is now up and on the right hand side of this page, called Track Me.  Stef got it up ... what a hassle that was.  But I believe it will be worth it if you want to follow our route.  Easy to get to it now and you only have to bookmark the blog and not both sites.

So, must get to bed ... besides, reading book 2 of the Twilight series, and want to read a little tonight.  Tomorrow Soldotna to pick up my saddlebags which are being repaired from a paint scratch and a handlebar adjustment.  And lunch, of course.

Rolling on out of here for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment