Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friday, July 8



Decided it was best to send Birdie on her way to Idaho and have someone look at my bike here in San Jose. I don't feel comfortable with the noise it's making. The San Jose shop kind of blew me off, too many bikes, 30 with appointments, not enough time, try to look at it if I got it there but I got the distinct feeling they'd rather I didn't show up. I was not pleased about the treatment but what could I do?


My friend Ruth, from Kansas, had a clutch replaced here at a Kawasaki shop and suggested I call them. Dave said he had a guy with lots of Harley experience so I'll try there first.


Felt sad at sending Birdie off. She's a great traveling companion, plus there goes Edith, the GPS. I've always found my way before, but she's done a great job of getting us places, even when I doubted her. I was looking forward to spending a day at the Idaho State HOG rally with Birdie and Daisy Corn (Stacey). If they get me on the road today I may still get up that way and get to the water park with Daisy Corn and her friends on Sunday. That would be great fun, and Birdie should still be there, too.


I must be not so good with having to stay since I've had a horrible time making coffee. Tried to make two cups in this fancy coffee maker, and spilled it. Then got two cups made, finally, and spilled one in the bed. So had to pull back the sheets and one of the many pillows. Coffee is down through the mattress pad, too. What a mess that made. I guess hotels see that now and again, but I don't like making messes like that. CRAP!!!! Maybe I should quit drinking coffee, but it's one of the few vices I have left.

Hooked up with Ruth, Sylvia and Terry. Ruth's bike is at the Kawasaki shop and I'm taking mine there to see if they can help me out.


Martin at the Kawasaki shop listened and then suggested a guy who has a shop who specializes in working on and building Harleys, Hard Tailz, Ron. So we took it over there. He called me later to tell me it was the cam tensioners. So they're doing the work. I'd had them replaced four years ago at the Michigan Women on Wheels Ride In. Guess they aren't good for that many miles. I've put 20,000 or so on the bike since then. Plus I had a broken motor mount. So I should be back on the road tomorrow.


The upside was that Sylvia and I went to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum that houses the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts on exhibit in western North America. We saw mummies, lots of statues, and even went through a replica of a tomb. It was very interesting and I was so glad to get to go. There was an actual cat mummy called Bastet who was a protector of the home. Very cool.


Terry and Ruth had eaten by the time we returned to Sylvia and I went to a place called the Fish Market and had scallops and shrimp. It was very good, with home made tartar sauce and au gratin (sp) potatoes. They were so tasty. I also had a side Caesar salad, which was not the best.


Back to the hotel, packing and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment