Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wednesday, July 13



The bike went to the shop. The guy in service kind of blew me off again ... he has a police bike, the idle is slow and it dies. He just starts it up again. He also said that he didn't know if they could look at it today or do the oil change. I told him I'd called yesterday and been told if I left it for the day they could do the oil change and a few other things. I wasn't happy.


I walked through the dealer floor and there were two cop Electra Glides, a white one and a black. Well, to hell with it. I just went ahead and bought a new bike. The ashtray on the Road King was full and it was time to move it along. I had it lowered front and rear, touring bars put on it, and a few other things done, all today as I wanted it and that was part of the deal. Imagine, they were able to push other folks back some to get this bike ready for me. The sales guy, Kaes, the parts guy Rickie and the finance gal Barbara were awesome. At 6 p.m. I was able to ride away on the 2011 white Electra Glide Classic. Her name is Harlow, after Jean Harlow. She's sweet and beautiful and handles like a dream, and she has saddlebags that lock. Woo hoo.. And the best part is that now service will have to fix the Road King in order to sell her. But I sure hated to part with her. Each bike I have becomes a part of me, and parting with them is difficult. But I've also learned that when things start to need repairs, and I mean major repairs, it's better to let them go. I kept my '93 Heritage way too long and she broke down, major, each year and there was a lot of down time. I just don't want that anymore. But I will always keep the '84 as she was my first Harley.


Spent some time loading and will finish up in the morning getting everything ready to ride. Where to go? Kansas? Texas? Or somewhere else? I just don't know. Phoenix is next week. This week is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment