Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunday, July 10



I was up and moving on the road by 5:30 a.m. Time was awasting and I had 350 miles to go and a water park on the brain. I rode, stopped to gas up and rode again. It was gas and go all the way. And the only game I saw was one deer. How much did I miss?

Daisy had sent instructions on how to get to her dad's place. I was hoping to arrive by noon or noon-30 since water park time was 2:30. I missed a turn, but arrived just in time for lunch and then to make a quick stop at the Harley shop and then hit the water park.


Daisy said she'd been watching me on the tracker and she was telling everyone she knew I'd be there. Her dad said he thought I'd be in around noon. I nearly made it. Daisy has known me for a long time and that when I get something in my brain, I'll do anything I have to to make it happen. 700 miles? Nothing when there's a mission. And it was over two days after all, even if one of those days didn't start until 4 in the afternoon.


Birdie had made the Idaho state HOG rally and picked up my packet for me, too. She entered and received the award for the most miles ridden to get to the rally. The award was etched onto a primary cover. It was awesome, so she finally got a mileage ridden to the rally award, and got the best one. Congrats to her. She deserved it, and ended up with one that's very nice.


The water park was absolutely a ball. I did all the chutes, the wave pool, the lazy river, everything. It was so much fun. Birdie did some of them twice, but by then I was almost dry, a little on the cool side, and totally worn out. Daisy and I sat and waited for the rest of them for a while and then went to shower and get ready to leave. It was a great day.

When we got back to the house Daisy's dad had made dinner for all of us ... Birdy, Daisy and me, Daisy's sister and her two kids. We had pot roast, mashed taters, carrots, gravy and salad. Then there was leftover carrot cake and ice cream. Yum. I was so full I could barely get myself to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment