Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wednesday, July 6



It's great to be somewhere for a few days. No nesting going on, no packing, no loading of the bikes.


We got up and over to registration by 7 and then went to eat breakfast. We both tried the eggs Benedict. Not bad. But not the best I've ever had. But sometimes ya just gotta try it.


Got geared up to go on the long ride, 137 miles – from the mountains to the ocean. It was a great ride, lots of twisties and back roads, some that were basically one-lane trails. We even passed Alice's Restaurant, which is an old Arlo Guthrie song. Stef (Jaz) and I did a bunch of these roads back when she and I rented Harley's and rode around for a week. Jaz and I went in Alice's, but don't remember if we ate, drank or just looked around.


A lone hawk or something was hovering overhead as we did the slow, twisted ride, possibly waiting for something to happen and we'd become his road kill?  Foiled again.


Had lunch in Davenport, and then rode a few more back roads back to the rally site at the Hayes Mansion. The mansion is gorgeous, manicured lawns, blooming flowers, bathrobes and slippers in the rooms, fancy soap. Very lovely place.


Tonight there was a barbecue at a park, and four cops and their bikes stopped by. Two Harley's, and two of something else that I can't remember. But still very cool. We got to visit with them, and of course, I had to have a photo.


Back at the hotel Birdie went to the pool. I'm tired and wanted to drink water and play on the computer. Maybe tonight I'll get a good night's sleep since we don't have to be anywhere until 8:30 a.m. We're going on a San Francisco tour, on a bus. So our first day off the bikes. A good thing since you need a break now and again.

My bike just didn't sound right today, though. Need to make some decisions.


So, I believe I'm all in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment