Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday, July 9

Terry was up at 0-dark-thirty. I did not hear her get up or leave. I finally got up about 6:30 and visited with Ruth and Sylvia a bit before they left. Sylvia was dropping Ruth off at the Kawasaki shop to wait for her bike on her way to the airport to head to Virginia.


I stayed at the hotel and arranged for a late check out, as well as a shuttle to my shop which was within the 5-mile radius.


At noon I'm still waiting. So I called. Mike told me they were about an hour out from finishing, so I made arrangements to be there between 1:30 and 2. When I talked to Ruth her bike was to be finished, too.

I got to Hardtailz and started getting everything ready to go. Ruth pulled in and was waiting for me, so I hurried to finish, started the bike and turned it around. Ruth's bike wouldn't start. Ron from the shop pulled it in and it appeared to be the battery. He charged it up, but then said it might be the charging system. So Ruth called to get AARP to haul it back to the Kawasaki shop who told her if it was the charging system, it wouldn't be ready until at least Tuesday. I elected to head out once I knew she had all of her arrangements made.


It was the perfect riding ... T-shirt, vest, not too hot, and even not too much traffic. I wanted to get to Winnemucca, Nevada. It was that kind of day when you needed to hit a rest stop and get some food, but the riding was so great you didn't. Finally, I had to stop and hit a Del Taco for take out soft tacos. Ate them sitting on my bike, and then hit the road again.


The road got dark, but I just slowed down. Didn't figure to make Winnemucca since I was still 110 miles away, but thought I could do Lovelock, about 55 miles. Hit Lovelock about 10:30 p.m. And packed it in for the night. Will hit it again early and try to get to Daisy Corn so I can join her and Birdie at the water park tomorrow.


All for now. Need a little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment