Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday, July 18



Got up about 8 a.m. Ruth and I got my bike turned around, the tow truck came to pick up her car, and I went off to the post office to mail a package. When I got back to Ruth's I started getting everything packed. We had leftover lasagna from the night before for lunch and I finally got on the road. I think I procrastinate because of the heat, and I like spending time with my friends.


But get on the road I did, fighting brutal heat yet again. The hydration vest certainly helps, as do the neck snakes, but it still is not pleasant riding. Near the end of the day I also was riding into the sun, but at least the temperature was a bit better. I'd stopped for lunch to get some liquid, some food and hopefully some cooler temperatures. It was better, but not great.


Rode on to Stratton, Colorado. Wanted to get across the border. I called some friends to see if they could meet me at the Colorado Springs shop, Donna Luther (Onery), Hobbs' daughter Jenny, and Richard Aquilia from New York who came to our Alaska State HOG rally last year. Don't know who all I'll see. It'll be a surprise.


So, I've not stopped to take any photos because it's just too hot and I just want to keep moving. Maybe tomorrow. Eating my apple and peanut butter and some salt water taffy. What a dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment