Monday, July 25, 2011



Monday, July 25
Sitting here at Verlie's, drinking coffee. I got out of bed when she left for work, so I'm on my own for the day.


But I've been quite busy. I bought a Nook Color yesterday and have been learning how to use it and organizing things on it. I have some books to read on the flights home, or during layovers. It's quite a handy little thing, and now I only have one thing to pack rather than a couple of books. In addition to my camera, computer, cell phone, Spot tracker, purse.


The list of things to carry on the flight just gets longer, and heavier. Whatever did we do before all of this technology? I carried my purse, a book or two and a camera. That was it. No wonder there's no room in the overhead bins. Everybody travels like I do, and some with even more STUFF!!!


The day is slightly overcast. If I had any gumption I'd get on my horse and get on the streets. I am going out, but am in no rush. I should be as the temperature is supposed to get into the triple-digits, as usual. I'd better get moving.

Have you ever wondered what one of my travel maps looked like? I always highlight where I've been and there have been some interesting designs when you look at the overall trip. This one has a little peninsula-like leg out to the side from where I went to Kansas. Very strange one this time. Started at Phoenix, went north, then south, then west, then east, then west and then south back to Phoenix.

Phoenix to Canada, Utah to California, Idaho, to Montana, Kansas to Colorado, to Phoenix.  And that was just the high points.  There were a few other states that weren't named that Birdie and I both went through, or just I hit.  Crazy pattern on this trip.

Phoenix is my home base for all my trips since that's where the Lower 48 bike lives. Harlow is currently living with a Road King and a Sportster-hybrid. Verlie's bike started out as a Sportster, but is now a beautiful pearl white and gold, award-winning combination of a couple of different styles. It has a Springer front end, fat tires and a Sportster chassis. It's a gorgeous thing that Joe built for her based upon her design. It's won two first-place awards at the Laughlin River Run, one second place at the Easy Rider Bike Show in Phoenix and has been featured in magazines, so you know it's one hot-looking bike.

A little hard to tell how beautiful Verlie's bike is.  But you get t he idea.
The pearl white paint is offset by the 24-karat goldleaf. 
Was out and about and went to the shoe repair place. I'm having my boots lifted an inch. Verlie will pick the boots up for me when they're ready in a couple of weeks. Then I had lunch, wandered around a Target looking for Wal-Mart people – which I did not find – and then came back to the house. Took a little nap and then started doing some more reorganizing of stuff and packing.


Verlie got home from work and we sat around comparing computers and cell phones. We sit here and could e-mail each other if we chose. Too funny.


Did a bit more packing and I'm close to ready to hit the airport in the morning and catch the big birds that will carry me home. Harlow is in her spot, I've told her goodbye and that I'll be back as soon as I can. Miss Scarlett is waiting for me at home. Looking forward to taking her for a spin. Hope the weather is nice tomorrow.


See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment