Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday, July 14



Yippy, skippy, let's ride. Today I head out, to parts not necessarily known.


Actually I did have a plan, mostly. Ride down to Casper, Wyoming, and then just keep going. I'd like to get to Texas to see my friend, Slider. Don't know if I can make it ... with the time frame I've set for myself. I will need to get a 1,000-mile checkup. Did 500 or so today, so tomorrow I'll be close and I'll have to make a call or two to try to schedule it.


It was a great day of riding, though. I saw lots of antelope and deer, had a couple of rain showers, mostly ridden between and I rode slow, fast, and then in the middle, working on breaking this bike in. I'm sure I've done more than I needed to, but that's okay. Tomorrow is another story. Let's rock and roll.


The day was a quiet one, too, just Harlow and me, getting acquainted, knowing each other and how we will get on. I know I did trade having the handlebars switched out and no more neckaches to not being able to get the kickstand up. On my other bikes I'd just ride forward and the kickstand would come up, or at least start so I could get it to kick up. This bike won't let me because you can't start it unless the kickstand is up. I had to have some construction guy come kick it up for me when I had to stop to wait for a pilot car. How embarrassing. I'd also forgotten how hot the new engines get ... so I can foresee a burned and blistered leg in my future. Maybe highway pegs would help although they'd have to be turned way in because of my little stubby legs. The sacrifices one makes to ride like the wind on her iron pony.


But in for the night. Tired. I didn't sleep well last night ... cuz I drank Coca Cola. How I love it, Classic style, from a bottle. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment